Our Smart Modem Acoustic Release Technology (SMART) is a unique concept from Teledyne Benthos that combines the proven technology of an underwater acoustic release with the reliable undersea communications functionality of an acoustic modem.
Our SM-975, or SMART Modem, supports the most current features of the Teledyne Benthos Acoustic Modem line. Similar to our TR-6000, a proven Teledyne Benthos acoustic transponder, the electronics, batteries and a transducer are housed in a glass sphere with a burn wire release mechanism. This self-buoyant modem, however, offers even more capabilities:
The glass sphere contains the modem PCB, which allows full telemetry capability to full ocean depth, with RS-232 connectivity to attached sensors.
Our SM-975 may operate independently or can function as a node in a small network.
Our SM-975 is a modem, float, and release all in one. This decreases equipment cost, integration and deployment costs.
* Combined float, release, and modem in one package.
* Integrated into a glass flotation housing for easy deployment, recovery and storage.
* Can act as an underwater LBL node, or as an acoustic network repeater.
* Enough internal space and power to support other PCB systems.
* Communicates with our UDB-9400 Universal Deck Box and all other Benthos modems.